Closest Airports To Guadalupe Mountains National Park
The Guadalupe Mountains National Park is located in west Texas and is home to Guadalupe Peak, the highest point in Texas. The park is also home to many other beautiful mountains and landscapes.
Does Guadalupe Mountains National Park Have an Airport?
No, the Guadalupe Mountains National Park does not have an airport. However, there are several airports located nearby
What Are the Closest Airports to Guadalupe Mountains National Park?
The closest major airports to Guadalupe Mountains National Park are El Paso International Airport (ELP), which is located about 100 miles away, and Midland International Airport (MAF), which is located about 150 miles away.
There is also the Cavern City Air Terminal (CCAT) located in Carlsbad, New Mexico, about 60 miles from the park. Boutique Airlines offers service to this airport from only a select few cities, and its destinations only include Dallas, Texas, and Carlsbad, New Mexico.
El Paso is typically the preferred air gateway for visitors to Guadalupe Mountains National Park as it offers more flight options from a wider variety of airlines and cities.
What Airlines Fly Into These Airports?
El Paso International Airport (ELP) is served by Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and United Express.
Midland International Airport (MAF) is served by American Eagle, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and United Express.
Cavern City Air Terminal is only served by Boutique Airlines.
What Are the Ground Transportation Options from These Airports to Guadalupe Mountains National Park?
There aren’t that many options when it comes to available ground transportation from either of these airports to Guadalupe Mountains National Park. The best option would be to rent a car from one of the many car rental companies located at each airport.
There are occasional bus services, but it’s few and far between.
From El Paso International Airport, it would be about a 2-hour drive to the park. From Midland International Airport, it would be about a 3-hour drive. And from Cavern City Air Terminal, it would be about a 45-minute drive.
What Is the Closest City to Guadalupe Mountains National Park?
The closest major city to Guadalupe Mountains National Park from Texas is El Paso. Otherwise, there is a very small city called Dell City, which is 30 minutes away, also on the west of the park. However, with a population of nearly 200 residents, it’s not exactly a bustling metropolis.
From El Paso, it is about a 2-hour drive to Guadalupe Mountains National Park. You’ll pretty much stay on the US-62 East Highway until you reach the Pine Springs entrance of Guadalupe Mountains.
From New Mexico, the closest city is Carlsbad. Carlsbad is about a 1-hour drive from Guadalupe Mountains National Park and is located just north of the park. From Carlsbad, you take the US-62 West highway until you get to the Pine Springs entrance, as well.
What Are Some Things to Do in El Paso?
While you’re in El Paso, you might as well make the most of your trip! Here are some things that you can do in El Paso:
- Visit the Hueco Tanks State Historic Site. This state park is located about 30 minutes outside of El Paso and is home to many beautiful hiking trails and rock formations.
- Check out the Operation Noel exhibit at the El Paso Museum of History. This exhibit tells the story of how the citizens of El Paso came together to provide Christmas gifts for underprivileged children in 1959.
- Stroll through the El Paso Zoo. The zoo is home to many different animals, including lions, tigers, elephants, and giraffes.
- Explore the National Border Patrol Museum. This museum chronicles the history of the US Border Patrol
- Check out some of the great hiking spots in and around El Paso.
Where To Stay In El Paso
Embassy Suites by Hilton in El Paso is one of the top-rated hotels in the area. If you plan on staying in El Paso for your trip to the Guadalupe Mountains – we suggest staying here.
What Are Some Things to Do in Carlsbad?
Carlsbad is the hub for a few different national parks, including Carlsbad Cavern National Park – which is only 30 minutes away. Other things to do in Carlsbad include:
- Visit the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens State Park. The park is home to many different desert animals, including tortoises, lizards, and snakes.
- Explore the Carlsbad Museum and Art Center. The museum has a variety of exhibits that rotate throughout the year.
- Go on a scenic drive down the Guadalupe River.
Where To Stay In Carlsbad
Located only 50 miles from the Guadalupe Mountains, the aptly named National Parks Inn makes for a convenient and great stop – plus, it includes all the amenities you’d expect from a nice hotel.